Jun 17, 2010

First Day of the Semester

I alarmed my phone around 4:30 in the morning so I could have an hour of preparation and unfortunately, as every college student does, I shut off the snooze and alarm and told myself "...just a few more minutes." and guess what? I woke up at 5:30 in the morning. Good thing I was facing the window which had a tiny slit to the open world and I saw the faint morning light which made me jump out of bed! Good heavens! My sleepiness ran rapidly out of nowhere and I hurriedly grabbed my towels and went to bath. I showered for 15 minutes and then fixed myself and at around 6am I scurried off to the waiting station.


As usual, as what I have expected it to be in the rush hours of each morning of dear school days, the terminal was packed of students waiting desperately in line for the ride to their future. You will find mixed types of people there all of which if I may say are delusional. And once branded as delusional, you belong to the common class of people all of which are unworthy of their so-called precious life. Anyway, as I was saying, you will find various types of people in that place. Various, meaning, of different colleges and of different year levels and personalities. 

  • The Freshies - these are the first year college students. They have very white uniforms and very neat looking. No touch of the real deal in college such as the brain-whacking thesis projects, heart-blowing individual reports/presentations, etc. They are usually silent and alone, their heads bent down eyes fixed on the ground as if praying to their irresponsible creator called God. The ladies wear the highest of heels and the thickest makeup of their entire life. They have neatly shaved brows and newly straightened hair..
  • The Sophies - these are the second year college students. Most of them have friends with them and some are starting to wear low-heeled shoes. 
  • The Juniors - these are the third year college students. They are obviously maturing and are looking a lot older than usual. Most are wearing flat shoes already and have their hairs all tied up in a ponytail/bun although most still prefer the classy straightened hair. They can withstand being by themselves and not with peers. They wear less and less makeup some of which don't wear any at all. Most of them wear backpacks instead of handbags too.
  • The Seniors - these are the fourth year college students. They are the adults of the institution they are attending to. Most of them look messed up in a way that they really don't care that much on how they look nor smell. XD Although most of them still look pretty neat and well presented, they are mature looking than most of the college students. You can very well tell by just looking at them. 
So there's my list of the First Day High of every first semester of each school year.  I am pretty sure most of you can relate to this article. :) 

I only had one subject today which was Kinesiology taught by Dr. Belinda Fidel. They say she's a really great professor and teaches interestingly and with passion ot students. Well then, let's find out this Saturday! :D Well actually, I'm a bit afraid and excited at the same time. Afraid because it's a new subject and as introduced by the professor, it's a combination of Anatomy & Physiology with Biokinetics and some sort of Physics. O.o What the hell?! Sounds pretty awful to me. LOL. Excited because it's a brand new start of proving to people that no matter what, you can still make them see that you are capable of doing great in whatever endeavor life offers you. Also, I will be able to gain new learnings and put it into use as the practicals go maybe around the middle of the shift. :) I prefer the clinical application rather than being stuck in the four-cornered walls of the classroom. ;)

Class ended by 10am and I was supposed to have my hair rebonded together with Jera over at Cosmopolitan in Dapitan but unfortunately, we were unable to due to some sort of wrong advice from the hairdresser. Anyway, I think I might opt to Going Straight or somewhere else. :)

If there's class tomorrow, that would suck because it's just one hell of a general assembly held every year in commemoration with the beginning of the schoolyear. Oh well. Will just text Jera for updates. :)

No comments: